Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ristorante Lombardi - New Menu Item

Newly added: Tomato Bisque
After being sick all week, I treated myself to some really good food in Freeport. To my pleasant surprise, in addition to the Signature Soup,  they have added a new Tomato Bisque to the menu.  A little more subtle taste and less artificial than other soups of similar nature, by comparison.  Quite delicious, it is creamy, and fresh and a perfect evening soup (or rainy day soup, or light soup). Served with the special bread (I had the Avocado and Tomato Sandwich - on Wheat), it made a satisfying dinner.

Behind the dining and serving area, there is a place for board games or just general ruckus, you can look through what they have available, or bring your own, or they have some downstairs in the lower room. Did I mention they also have internet access, but you have to get the password from one of the owners. Tonight there was a game going on that had the main Chef and the rest of the crew laughing, along with the guests, with such intensity that I could stop, I started to cry, and my chest started to heart, but that wouldn't get me to stop.  It continued for a few hours. 

At the end of the evening, I was short on the bill so I volunteered to help with the dishes. It's not tucked away like some other places so it wasn't a completely unpleasant task. One can do dishes but be adequately engaged in the conversation around the cooking area. Before that the last call was made, and the night staff was preparing pastries for the following business day. I left shortly after.

Summary: If you're sick, go get soup at the Ristorante Lombardi.

No comments:

Post a Comment