Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Everyday Religion

Often, after some time in the Christian walk, we forget how we came into it. How Christ lead and continues to lead in our lives. I was just discussing this topic with a friend of mine who was formerly in a Bible study group I used to give back in California. The subject of complete surrender came up and we saw how many times we as Christians refuse to give everything to God, yet still continue to claim to walk with Him.

Look at the silliness of this idea. I have replaced the original words with words more like many of the Christian walks today:

  1. Some to Jesus I surrender;
    Some to Him I freely give;
    I will ever love and trust Him,
    In His presence daily live.
    • Refrain:
      I surrender Some,
      I surrender Some;
      Some to Thee, my blessed Savior,
      I surrender Some.
  2. Some to Jesus I surrender;
    Humbly at His feet I bow,
    Worldly pleasures partly forsaken;
    Take me, Jesus, take me now.
  3. Some to Jesus I surrender;
    Make me, Savior, partly Thine;
    Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
    Truly know that Thou art mine.
  4. Some to Jesus I surrender;
    Lord, I give myself to Thee;
    Fill me with Thy love and power;
    Let Thy blessing fall on me.
  5. Some to Jesus I surrender;
    Now I feel the sacred flame.
    Oh, the joy of part salvation!
    Glory, glory, to His Name!
That last stanza really hit me that a part surrender constitutes an incomplete salvation realized. Also in verse three. We really don't appreciate the ramifications of an incomplete surrender. We really tie God's hands when we don't give Him all.

1 comment: