Saturday, May 16, 2009

What You Really Can't Live Without

Click on Image for larger view.

So when I came home from Central California Coast, I regrouped and unloaded, and as I packed once again, this time for Colorado and Maine and Vermont, there was a difference in that I knew that not only would I be gone until mid-October, I would not be able to come to my personal storage space (aka my parent's house) and just pick up stuff and leave stuff back.

No, this time I had to decide what was important and what I was really going to use and what I could leave at home. This time, bike is going, and of course camera gear and computer, but I realized that a lot of conveniences could really be left at home, like a full file folder, and some books, and all I really needed was my laptop and camera, and a mouse. A few books I did reference, like Spirit of Prophecy, History of Redemption and the Nine Volumes, and my Bible goes without saying.

But what really helped change my life was the Yakima cargo box up on top that you see me unpacking. So many shoes (cycling and hiking and even dress shoes) and golf clubs, and extra jackets could go in there and not clutter up my back which would be reserved for definite items that were required to be kept safe like unsorted mail or important documents that have to go with me to each assignment, or luggage, or computer equipment or camera gear. But this allowed me to pack essential items and leave the BACK SEAT empty!! Which means I could pack the comforter and pillow and take a quick (or long) nap at any rest stop I come to. Colorado after all is a 16 hour drive from Loma Linda. And Maine is another 36 hour drive. Yes that Cargo box really made travel a lot different. I'm even considering bringing a desktop computer :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment