Saturday, May 16, 2009

Parting Shot at Mormon Rocks


Click Image for Larger View

The night I left for Colorado, we closed out the Sabbath with some of the guys from Bible Study, they each are doing their separate thing, but we all came together to have a devotional thought as the sun set.

The Mormon Rocks are a collection of limestone that have a distinct enough formation that an official state park was fashioned around it, right of the Hwy-138 exit from the I-15 near Silverwood.

This evening we climbed and talked and shot this parting shot. I told these guys that it would be the last night for a while, although in truth, the study has been quite erratic and limited to the few times I was able to come down from the Central Coast, where my last assignment had been. But if there was anything I tried to teach anyone that came to the study was to make each of the lessons and things we had learned one's own, not just a collection of texts that link concepts together, but living and vital promises that practically affect each of their lives a deeper and meaningful sense.

But since it was the last time until October, I'll leave with a common phrase found at Bible Study: "Another Topic for another study later on..."

No comments:

Post a Comment