Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Road to Colorado


Click for Larger Image

Didn't really stop anywhere, I guess I just wanted to get to my destination. A couple of these shots were from my remote camera, but there wasn't really any great view to capture from the highway, you had to step out to the frontage road if you wanted to get anything.

Click for Larger Image

This house was the only one around for miles. Someone actually lives here, gets their mail here and and everything. He was gracious enough to let me sit in his front yard and snap a shot.

Click for Larger Image

This is right before you hit the Arizona-New Mexico Border heading east. I had to drive off the road to be able to shoot this guy. The clouds were perfect, so the extra drive was worth it.

Click for Larger Image. This shot actually required a 3Stop Hard Neutral Gradient Filter.

Just dry deserts and occasional mesa until you get to Colorado, where the landscape is a striking difference. Right near Durango, CO, is this vista of the Colorado River and the sun setting. In the distance, slightly to the right of center in photograph is the Colorado Rockies.

No comments:

Post a Comment