Monday, June 7, 2010

Finding Homes (for the stuff)


Today marked the arrival to the new apartment and new assignment: Maine General Hospital and Kennebec Pediatrics. Tomorrow starts the routine of picking up the pager, taking the hospital tour (they'll show me useless stuff like the Cafeteria, without showing me useful stuff like how to get a radiograph read after hours), having my photo taken for the ID badge and security clearance, EMR review, and clearance codes. In the afternoon I finally get to see kids. But this evening......we find new homes for all the gear.

Above is a picture of my new townhome/apartment with the contents of my Jeep emptied out on the living room floor. Don't worry, Mom, there is a full service kitchen. Daniel and Byron, there is enough room to house more people that at Mid-Week Prayer meeting. We'll see how that goes.

But included in all the wood paneling, floor molding, and wooden furniture is (finally!) working high-speed internet access, and a dry erase board! Now for all you faithful readers of this obscure blog, I can finally catch everyone up to speed (because the last time you all checked, it was maple syrup season in Vermont).

Oh, and for all you low tech (pen and post-it) people, you can actually leave comment below, just leave your email or postal address. And if you haven't figured out, you can click on the picture to make it bigger.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! After all these years, here you are!! I guess your blog isn't that obscure :-) Looks like you're doing what you love, the way you love. What a gift! I envy you. Good 'seeing' you again, Dr. Garaza. Love the pictures.

    Oh, this is Camille (camgram2@yahoo.com), the smiling pianist from London (hope that jogs your memory).

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the hardwood floors and lots of natural light! are you really as much of a minimalist as it appears in this photo? my husband, though he loves me, would probably rather LIVE with you, if so...simplicity in surroundings is something i'm always working on but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete