Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Boston Teaser


So a good friend of mine called the two nights ago and told me he was in town (well, really, a town just south of Boston) and was wondering what I was doing. Now you have to understand that this gentleman is one of my good friends, whom I haven't seen since 2008, almost two years ago. If you have succumbed to the Facebook craze, drop him a line here: Gospel of Health.

But I found myself driving what seemed like short hours to Boston (it's only about 3) to have dinner with this guy, and just burn the midnight oil talking in a way you just can't on the phone.

I landed in town in the middle of a Bible Study. He's doing an informal series for the local youth group, and were going through the book Steps to Christ when I arrived. And for a few short minutes, time stopped, and it was as if we had not been apart in years. The only difference is that we had more time to call each other friend and brother.

After close, we took the local youth with us to the Cheesecake Factory for a meal (I hadn't had dinner, I came straight from the office). And because one of the kids lived in the City, the vote returned with jaunt into Boston (or as it turns out, the local suburb, Copley).


So the cool thing about Boston is that there is a lot of history there. Now I had just driven to see Cofer, but couldn't help wonder about all the old buildings and what was this or that. We walked around town and talked and did low-light photography. Below is the Copley Public Library.


I stayed the night with Cofer and we talked until early morning. I Iook a quick nap and then headed back up to Maine to go to work. Check the sign (Bosten, to the left) in the lower photo. I hadn't seen my bed for almost 48 hrs. But it was good to see Cofer. (Photos taken with the Canon S90. Next time, I'm coming back to spend the day on the Freedom Trail!

No comments:

Post a Comment