Sunday, March 14, 2010

New Hampshire's White Mountain


On Hwy 302 on the way to and from Maine about a week ago, we saw this parked in the middle of the valley beside New Hampshire's Mount Washington.



This sign is posted on a turn-out off Hwy 302 for those who simply want a good picture and are curious about the hotel. A grand hotel with lush accommodations, the backside opens to a wide open view of Mount Washington. A little too posh for my taste. A five minute shuttle ride takes you to the base of the ski lift. The lady behind the concierge desk told me that the nights range from $219 to $419, for just baseline hotel accommodations without food. I'm not sure that's not too bad a deal, but then again I didn't get to see inside any of them. She assured me that even the most basic rooms have a great view.


And even if you don't want to snowboard or ski, there are shops in the surrounding town of North Conway, and even a 9 hole green and an heated outdoor swimming pool. Nice place to visit and maybe look around. I'm not sure I'd spend much time here. Well, maybe for a medical conference, but it's just not my cup of tea.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elwyn, Maybe Mt. Washington would buy the shot of the hotel and Mt. Washington. It is a spectacular view and composition.

    John

    ReplyDelete