Monday, November 23, 2009

Warm Vermont Afternoon

So Vermont is having an Indian summer, as a newbie in New England, I was told that we should be having snow about now, and this has been warm weather. I cringe at the thought because I've already donned my gloves and beanie for warmth (and comfort). Especially Sabbath afternoon, we took a quick hike after lunch to a local waterfall and ravine just outside of Stowe just before one arrives at Smuggler's Notch.
The weather was actually warm (at about 42F), and we put our packs and jackets down on one of the rocks. It was a matter of scampering around to rocks carefully, skittering across fallen logs, and stepping down the human-assisted staircase on the way down to the main falls.

2 comments:

  1. Elwyn,

    Glad we connected on blogger! All the best,

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Elwyn,

    I don't have an email address or phone number, so I'm writing here to ask if you're going to the GYC this year. It seems I was registered but probably won't be going. There is a car going down from our church with some guys in it that there's room in if you're interested or know of anyone who might be. My dad takes care of registration so I don't know the exact price, but you're been before so you probably have a rough idea. On a side note, you really should come down and visit our church sometime, we'd be happy to see you there. :-) God bless!

    Adri

    ReplyDelete